Community Shares Utah is a federation of nonprofit organizations that have come together to help each other with training, financial support, education and increased public awareness about human, animal, and environmental problems and strategies for solving them. We provide ongoing programs to assist our members in several areas. Through our programs and payroll contributions we help these nonprofit organizations achieve good health, environmental protection, safe communities, economic opportunity, human rights, animal welfare and much more.
How Nonprofit Organizations Qualify for Community Shares Utah
Community Shares Members must meet a number of standards. They must be
- registered with the Utah State Commerce Department as a corporation,
- have a current Utah solicitation permit,
- be incorporated for at least 1 year,
- be recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) tax exempt organization,
- file regular tax returns, and
- provide an annual financial statement or audit if income is over $100,000 and be governed by a board of trustees.
In addition, members must show that they actually carry out their programs.